|
||
|
Monday, July 31, 2006 Me a Translator?! What an Adventure.... Assalamualaikum, friends,.. The most boring part of my work has to be doing researches. Not the part of "get-into-the-lab-performing-the-study" per say, but the reading part of it. Piles of scientific journals to go through, looking for the very specific answer to a simple question is not my forte, although looking all over the net for such a paper is a simple task. It all down to the very boring nature of scientific writing, it gets too complicated with all the math and terms it simply drive you away from actually gripping any beneficial information from it. Oh how I wish these journals and case-studies would be written as interesting as sci-fi thriller, or perhaps as juicy as tabloids :p Speaking of literature, I for once has decided to venture into something a little foreign. I decided to try my hands into doing Literature Translation. Obviously not something I familiar with nor something I foresee myself to be interested in. But after giving the idea a good thought (kudos to Pn Ainon for the idea), I decided, why not?! After all, I was grown up reading a good translation of Charles Dickens 'A Tale of Two Cities', Adventure of Beagles, Two Thousand Leagues Under the Sea etc, all in good Bahasa Melayu text, which all fascinated me as a young boy. God knows how much all these great books affected my thinking and mental development to make up who am I today. As a matter of fact, I excelled in my SPM BM Paper due to my exposure of good translated literature as a kid, so maybe I should return the favor by actually be part of this exclusive Translator clan myself. By all means I am still a very long way to be a proper Translator myself. A lot of training are required, a lot of discussion into specific literature style would need to be covered, and a lot of time needs to be allocated for the effort. But I think I am prepared for it, after all, the reward is awesome. I will have a copyright over my translation, my very own literature text, which for someone who are not blessed with a great story-telling prowess, is a very big deal. And there are the promise of plausible flow of income if the text become a hit, which makes it all the more worthwhile. And given the fact that I do read in English and Mandarin, makes my source of great literature to dwelled upon just a little bit wider than the others. Power of choice I might say :D Well, we will see what happens. Hopefully this part-time work of mine will take off smoothly. And I could keep the motivation going as long as it is needed :p Till I write again, have a wonderful days ahead. nesloice walks through at 5:45 PM. |
Nesloice the Man... -- Nuar a.k.a Banuar a.k.a Song Advertisement... Untuk tempahan : Website Pink Platun Important Links... -- Websites Blogger Friends of Mine :-)
-- TokRimau's
-- Salina's
-- Nida's They Remains a Virtual Entity
-- Wanda's
-- Dell's
-- Dahlia's They Stopped Writing, :( -- Langsat's -- abgMeor's -- Awin's Previous Walks
November 2004 Tag on my board...
|
|
template originally designed by jess